Sunday, May 25, 2008

Too long

...since I wrote here! WOW--February 21 was 3 months ago! I guess I have been a little busy. A lot has happened since then so I'll make this one quick (well, as quick as I know how to be) and come back with details later.

~Baby is still cooking, healthy and growing. I was 2 cm at my last appointment and baby is head down, so things are moving along. Today we are 38 weeks, OB has actually tabled the plans for induction at 39 weeks because everything is going so well and I finish work June 6 unless baby decides to come earlier. My sub for the summer starts on Tuesday, so I get to spend these last two weeks in the office and being with the kids. Off my feet for the most part--I like that. My boss really is awesome.

~Some very minor complications that make me uncomfortable, but all in all a much smoother pregnancy than any of us thought it would be. Acid reflux is miserable--so much coughing that I have a hard time catching my breath sometimes. But a new medication seems to be kicking in and the past 3 days have been almost normal. Otherwise, typical swollen feet, achy legs, sore hips, painful back. I had to finish swimming about 2 weeks ago because it was just too risky for me to be in the water with the coughing episodes making it hard to breath. Still doing some light yoga, but mostly concentrating on my labor exercises, breathing and Hypnobirthing relaxation.

~Showers were wonderful, carseat is installed, bags are packed and nursery is completely done. I will post some shower and nursery pics in the next few days. It is interesting to see the finished nursery compared to the sketches and plans I made in the beginning. Very, very happy with how it all came together. In the beginning I was very specific about how little and what types of baby stuff we wanted and happy to say I was able to stick very close to that plan. I know it will happen eventually, but as of yet our small house is not taken over with baby stuff. It feels just right.

~Having some contractions on and off this past week, but nothing notable. Spent today cleaning the kitchen, not what I would call nesting but "necessitating" since I can't remember the last time I did a really deep cleaning in there. It felt good, but I am paying for it tonight. I even sent C to bed early in case this sore back and on and off twinges turn into something. There has been a prediction for me to go on Tuesday, so maybe....

~Oh yeah, and somewhat unrelated, but we lost our laptop, the Original Baby, in March. It was a terrible, horrible, scary feeling when I went to log on and it was gone, stolen right off my desk at work. LMPD detectives actually worked (and apparently are still looking as of last week) on finding it, but I know it is a lost cause and so we just had to get a new one. Worst part is every belly picture, journal entry, web post and e-mail about baby was on there, so a whole lot of history is lost. I tried not to be too sad about it, but yeah, it really, really sucked.

Be back soon with a little game to play!

No comments: