Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Too excited!

If you read here yesterday you saw my lament about the IKEA crib that we still don't have and baby is two weeks away, but I'm OK with it. Really I am. But I want it, badly. Last week I even went to the website and printed out a picture and taped it to the wall in the nursery. I have been checking the website for a couple of weeks now and it still says "In Stock: NO." I'm afraid it is going to be discontinued and I will have to start all over with a search and still not be happy with what I settle for. This morning I finally added the IKEA site to my daily clicks and of course it said no, but that didn't keep me from refreshing every 30 minutes, so I reluctantly spent some time googling cribs to see what else is out there. So frustrating!

After lunch I was taking a break and decided to refresh one more time before signing off... "In Stock: YES." WHAT?! Two hours ago it was out of stock, and had been for months! OK, breathe--how many, how soon can I get it, should I leave work, who do I know up there (IKEA is about 90 minutes away), what if it's a computer glitch? Refresh 16 more times--OK, it's true. At 4 PM IKEA confirms that they have 19 cribs in stock. 19!! After not having any for so long. Wait--I am 38.5 weeks pregnant and not supposed to travel out of town, although my husband wants to go get it tonight. My mom is a bit excited about it, so numerous phone calls, e-mails and discussions later, my parents, 90 minutes from me, drive up there, buy it and drive home. So it is still not here, but close enough. They are awesome for doing that!

So here it is, the final piece to go in the IKEA nursery:



Worth all that drama, right?

No comments: