Thursday, March 08, 2007

Too happy!

I have been pretty frustrated this week with the weight loss, or lack of it. I stepped on the scale Sunday to see that I had gained 6 pounds over night. OK, OK, we ate at Tumbleweed, but I was pretty good--ordered chicken and veggies and brought more than half of it home and even walked when we got home late, even though I didn't feel like it. So I weighed again throughout the day--still up. How can one gain 6 pounds in one day?

I struggled with how to track myself when I started this plan in November, at first just going by how I felt and how my clothes were fitting. No way did that work--not concrete enough and no immediate feedback. So I decided to weigh myself once a week, same time, day and clothing. That was OK, but a big gain or staying the same was more disheartening than a big loss was motivating--a week was too long. What works for me is everyday. I thought maybe it would discourage me to not see it going down every day, but nope. If it doesn't move down or stay the same, I know to make some changes, either pushing myself on the exercise or reviewing what I ate the past few days.

So this week I continued to step on the scale as soon as I got out of bed. Monday morning: still up. GRRRRR! Tuesday morning: down 1 pound. I ranted to my friends. Wednesday morning: down 1 more. Getting better. This morning: down 4 and a half pounds!

I met my first weight loss goal! YAH!!! Whoo Hoo!!
*. *:*.*throws confetti*. *:*.*

It was a small goal--10 pounds--but I am two weeks and one day ahead of the date I set for myself. My husband stopped for breakfast this morning and asked me if I wanted something, and for one brief, fleeting moment, I thought "I deserve a reward--one thing won't hurt me." And no sooner was that thought out there than another replaced it: "You are going to reward yourself for all that hard work with FOOD?!?! So no, I didn't get anything icky for breakfast--stuck with my yogurt, pineapple, cereal and water. And I liked it, really--I doubt an apple pie would have tasted that good.

Next step: 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks. I know I can do this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Go you!

Congratulations!

Thanks for encouraging me to come out of hibernation. I did it. :)

And I hit 9.7 lbs. Ugh. .3 to go! HA! I reckon I can pull that off.

You can definitely do this!!