Saturday, May 13, 2006

What Mom isn’t getting for Mother’s Day, or how Clay Aiken makes you spend money.

Lots of money.

Today was a very good day. First stop: Target for mom’s day gifts. What’s this? The wireless headphones I wanted last fall? And they are on clearance? WHOO HOO! In the cart they go. (Shut up. It’s not like mom needs headphones.) Next stop, Circuit City to buy a camera. After months of research and harassing friends and family for advice, this is my newest camera D30 Maybe if I buy a new camera that will encourage Clay to release some tour dates. What? I am just as delusional as the next person. (Fine. I bought it just in time for the visit to mom’s tomorrow.) Across the river to another Target for my nephew’s birthday present, and while I am at it, I throw in some blank CDs. No, not for all those pictures I’ll be sharing with mom, but for the hard drive that is groaning and moaning under so many concert videos and mp3s. Finally I stop in the card section. Yes, something actually for mom -- that’s the reason we went out after all. I found the perfect card for her:

Front is three scenes of a cartoon mom and young daughter using "talk bubbles."
First scene:
Daughter: Tongue piercing?
Mom: NO!
Second scene:
Daughter: Tattoo.
Mom: NO!
Third scene:
Daughter: Run off to follow a pop star?
Mom: NO!


Hilarious!!! In that I didn’t ask my mom the first time I ran off to follow a band, and I usually ignored her when she told me “no” it describes our relationship so well on so many levels. She’ll love it. Maybe she will frame it like she did my card from two years ago...

So in summary, a great shopping day.
Wireless headphone for listening to cellcerts, for me...Check.
Digital SLR for taking concert pictures, for me...Check.
Blank CDs for mp3s, for me...Check.
Mother’s Day card, for mom...Check.
Works for me!

Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Fun blog. How fortunate you are to be able to share Sunday with your mother. I miss mine so - she never had a chance to know Clay Aiken - but I'm sure she would have fallen for him. She had a good eye for wonderful men.

Pamela said...

I had to link to your blog, because...bwah!

I took my Mom to the JNT in Raleigh last year. We were fairly close, and she had the binocs up the entire time.

I was like "come on Mom, you don't need those," and she "yes I do, I want to see what the hoopla is all about!"

Gawd...love her. Thanks for the laughs!